Important Notice Regarding
In the interest of the safety and well-being of Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture (CYSA) participants, family members, and CYSA volunteers, CYSA has regrettably decided to cancel their 2020 public speaking competition due to concerns over the spread of coronavirus and potential challenges related to interprovincial travel.
Watch CYSA’s social media channels (Twitter: @CYSAgriculture, Facebook: facebook.com/CYSA.JOCA, Instagram: Instagram.com/cysa.joca) for updates and news about the 2021 competition and other interesting opportunities from industry partners throughout the year.
The 2020 CYSA public speaking competition topics are:
- How can we fill the talent pipeline in Canadian agriculture?
- What impact will the emerging micro-food processing industry have on agriculture?
- Aquaculture: The challenges and solutions of developing, funding and marketing an emerging food source
- Climate change: Can the family farm manage and capitalize on this shift?
- Lessons learned over the last 25 years of agriculture – and how we can apply them to the next 25.
- Should the agriculture industry fund and support opportunities for youth development?
- How to create ecosystem markets that reward Canada’s farmers for environmental stewardship.
Don’t forget to review the Rules and Regulations.